Question: I’ve heard the old phrase, “You can’t teach an old dog new tricks.” Aren’t I too old to change my ways?
Absolutely not. George Burns reportedly said, “If I knew I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself.” Think of it this way: What is it going to cost you financially, emotionally, and even spiritually if you don’t change?
Question: Can I really pay off my debt in eight years or less without acquiring any additional income?
Yes, you certainly can! Many of our clients have become debt-free in even less time than that. Our trained advisors will review your current income and current bills and create a personalized plan for you.
Question: I’m thinking about getting a second job to earn money for debt-reduction. Is this a good idea?
It depends. You’ll need to seriously compare the costs and benefits of getting a second job. Ask yourself the following questions:
- Will your expenses increase with things like parking, gas, lunch or dry cleaning?
- Will it negatively affect your quality of life?
- Will your income tax bracket be raised due to the extra income?
- Are you more likely to indulge in impulse spending because you get an “employee discount,” or because you’re so fatigued that your willpower fades away?
- What do your spouse or other affected loved ones think?
One of the great features of our FREE debt-reduction plan is that you can pay off your current debt without earning extra income. We create a tailor-made plan for you that will help you manage and pay off your debt using your current earnings. Talk to a George Frye and Company associate to start your journey to a debt-free life today!